There are tons of computer languages, and there are tons natural languages. At <div>#ling:hack, we connect them!
- automated phonetic rendering of German in Arabic script with python and espeak
- language quiz in Objective C for the iPhone
- faceted browing of sentences from over 1000 languages with SOLR
- NLP and lexical-semantic resources for less resourced languages
- maps of linguistic diversity; polygons and reuse thereof as Open Data
- collaborative language descripition
http://pad.okfn.org/p/divlinghack http://languagelandscape.org/ http://engelmann.uni.lu/lingscape/ http://llmap.org/ http://www.endangeredlanguages.com/ http://refugee-phrasebook.github.io/ http://elalliance.org/ https://itunes.apple.com/de/app/languini/id1010870756?mt=8