Actually, you are always welcome to drop by, but we don’t have regular opening hours except for Monday evening. Many active members have a key themselves. If the space is just open or events are announced, every person is always welcome. Feel free to ask in the chat, when someone is at xHain.
Many of our events are open community events that are held at our place. You can also rent xHain as a meeting venue or space for (closed) events. If you’re planning a workshop, looking for a more unconventional meeting space, want to screen your film or advance your fan fiction in a creative environment, ask us and we’ll work out the details together.
Machines and equipment
For your projects there are the following work areas and equipment:
- 3D Lab with various 3D printers.
- Audio-video equipment with cameras, microphones, mixers and setup for streaming to the Internet.
- Electronics with soldering stations and reflow oven.
- Hobelhöhle with equipment and tools for woodworking and welding.
- Machine room with laser cutter, plotter, laser microscope.
- Textiles with sewing machines, overlock and embroidery machine.
- Tools of all kinds are available in the respective work areas.
The work areas and their tools are marked in color. Some devices require a safety briefing by an authorized person. In our wiki you will find a more detailed overview of our work areas and devices.
xHain was founded by Felix Just in May 2016 and is recognized as a non-profit corporation since 2020. xHain sees itself as a do-ocracy and thrives from the commitment and ideas of the members. This means that members independently select and execute their projects.